Turkeys wander the farm, eating Weeds and other debris, enabling the player to plant Crops or break crust more easily. They also lay Speckled Eggs, making chickens and turkeys the only farm animals which do not need an Item to create sellable produce.
Weeds sometimes drop Seeds or Fertilizer when cut, made more likely if the player has Succulent Weeds. If turkeys uncover these items, they will hold onto them, and be marked by an exclamation point. Running into the turkey will pass the items onto the player.
Turkeys can be bought, given, or rescued from Camps.
The second area of each Biome may have Camps containing turkeys. One is the "Farm Animals" camp, where clearing the Enemies from the camp rewards the player with a choice between two farm animals. The other type is the "Corral" camp: clearing the enemies will grant the player all the animals inside the corral, which may include a turkey.
The Garden Shop in Town has a small chance to sell turkeys in fall and winter, for 1600 or 2500 depending on the Season.
At Seasonal Festivals, the Rose Market also has a chance to sell turkeys, in exchange for 4 . They are also a rare prize at the Seasonal Festival Casino.
Depending on the player's Yield Score at the Seasonal Festival, they may be awarded items. One of those items has a chance to be a Farm Animal, with a higher chance of gaining an upgraded Farm Animal in fall and winter.
Turkeys lay Speckled Eggs by default, which sell for 40 each, and appear on the ground around the farm. Eggs can be picked up by walking over them or using the harvest circle.
If the player has the Spring Chicken upgrade, turkeys may turn Weeds into Flowers, worth between 5 and 20 , with purple flowers being the most valuable.
- Avian Placenta: Eggs drop Fertilizer when picked up.
- Carrot Tractor: Energizes all friends when used, among other effects.
- Chicken Caliochory: Eggs drop a Seed when picked up.
- Chrono Weeds: Adds a tiny amount of time to the day each time a weed is destroyed, including by turkeys.
- Doveotee: Turkeys and other friends become energised when the player uses a Scroll.
- Disco Ball: Turkeys and other friends become energised whenever the player is.
- Fertile Eggs: Every turkey egg the player picks up has a small chance of hatching into a new turkey.
- Fume Additive: Turkeys and other friends become energised when the player uses a Tractor.
- Garden Cry: Turkeys and other friends become energised when the player takes damage.
- Heart Beet Monitor: Turkeys and other friends are energised whenever the player is at low health.
- Laxative: Turkeys and other farm animals periodically drop Fertilizer.
- Psychoactive Weeds: Weeds eaten by turkeys will leave a pickup in their place, ready for the player to collect.
- Razor Weeds: When turkeys eat weeds, they will deal 120 damage to nearby Enemies.
- Soft Fur: Turkeys and other farm animals become energised when the player walks into them.
- Spring Chicken: Turkeys have a 50% chance of turning the weeds they eat into Flowers instead.
- Straw Megaphone: Scarecrows can sometimes energize any turkeys or other friends close to them.
- Vinaigrette: Every weed removed earns the player 2 , including weeds eaten by turkeys.
- Zealot: A turkey or another friend may become energized when an Enemy is killed.