The Rose is a unique Crop that yields the exclusive Rose Currency.
Roses are a special Crop that do not produce Cashews, but nevertheless are vital to an effective Farm. Growing and harvesting Roses is mandatory in order to gain any benefit from Spouses or the Rose Market, as they do not accept Cashews as payment and provide powerful benefits. Outside of finding a Rose Bouquet, Roses can only be attained by sowing, growing, and harvesting them.
Finding Rose Seeds
Rose seeds can be found in several locations, usually in the various Biomes.
- Clearing a Flamingo Camp drops two Rose Seeds.
- Clearing a bulb Camp may reward a Rose seed.
- Clearing any Camp has a small chance of dropping a Rose Seed after the normal rewards are collected. This means that Flamingo Camps can sometimes reward three Rose Seeds total.
- Picking up Flamingo Friend will instantly add several Rose Seeds to the player's inventory.
- There is a small chance that killing an Enemy will cause them to drop a rose seed. This chance is higher with Beeson.
- Killing a Boss will always drop a rose seed.
- Reaching the "Max full" (highest rank) at Seasonal Festivals will award the player a rose seed.
- Rose seeds can be rarely obtained from purchased Seed Bags from the Flower Merchant in Town.
- Flying Squirrels can very rarely provide Rose Seeds upon damaging an enemy.
Fertilization and Megacrop Variant
Roses are unique Crops in that they never require any Fertilizer to provide their full benefits. They will grow perfectly fine without it, and do not require Fertilizer to merge into a Mega Rose when planted in a 2x2 square. A regular Rose will provide 1 spendable Rose when harvested, while a Mega Rose will provide 5. As it takes 4 Rose Seeds to produce a Mega Rose that rewards 5 Roses, it is good practice to not plant Roses by themselves unless the player only needs one or two more in order to afford an upgrade they greatly need, and cannot hunt for more Seeds.
Roses by themselves are watered as though they are Desert/Tundra Crops, while Mega Roses are watered as though they are Plains/Forest crops. This means that the length of time it takes to water a Mega Rose is four times as long as the length of time it takes to water a single Rose, unlike most other Megacrops that only require twice as long to water as their single Crop variant. This means that, especially when at a low Farming Stat, letting Cows water Mega Roses can be an excellent choice, since Cows always take the same length of time to water Crops, regardless of the seed's source or whether it is a Megacrop.
- Bundit's Foot: Increases the player's Luck, which improves their chance to find rose seeds.
- Flamingo Friend: Give the player two rose seeds, in addition to its other effects.
- Rose Bouquet: Does not grant the player seeds, but rather 6 pre-grown roses instantly.
- Succulent Weeds: Increases chance of seed drop from Weeds.
- Bee: Doubles the growth of the crops it pollinates.
- Flamingo Friend: Roses grow instantly.
- Growth Aura: Crops in a 5x5 area centered on the player grow much faster.
- Harvest Moon: Crops grow faster at night.
- Hummingbird: Doubles the growth of crops in an area.
- Irrigating Moles: Crops do not need watering.
- Nitro: Crops grow 10x faster but will start to burn when they need water.
- Megaton Tractor: Instantly grows all crops in the deployed area.
- Pollination: All crops grow faster. Exclusive to Lavender.
- Snot Nose: Pigs and Hogs create moist Soil, which speeds crop growth.
- Sprinkler Head: Turrets and Scarecrows water the crops adjacent to them.
- Squirt Gun: The player waters crops twice as fast.
- Trophallaxis: Bees and Hummingbirds water crops.
- Turret Growth Aura: Crops in a 5x5 area around Turrets and Scarecrows grow much faster.
- Bubble Shield: Watering crops shields the player from bullets.
- Butterfly Nest: Merging crops into a megacrop spawns some explosive butterflies, which target Enemies.
- Chrono Seeds: Increases day length a small amount per seed planted.
- Companion Planting: Planting multiple crops of the same type near each other drops fertilizer.
- Double-Edged Watering Can: The player can water two crops at once.
- Early to Rose: Harvesting roses increases day length by 4 seconds (20 for mega roses).
- Harvest Shield: Harvesting a crop destroys enemy bullets.
- Hose: The player can water three separate crops at once while energized.
- Root Soldier: Harvesting crops spawns a root soldier, which will attack enemies.
- Water Witching: Watering crops zaps nearby enemies for 50% of their health.
- Mega Roses are able to count towards the "Roll Call" Achievement.