|This article or section may contain spoilers. To avoid them, please consider navigating away from this page.|
Golden Pupas are Items that are found from random Camps in every section of the map, except for the player's Farm. Upon being picked up, they will lead the player to a giant flower bud where they will have to fight a Tree Guardian in order to open the flower. When the player discovers the Tree Guardian, a sparkle animation will play, revealing the Guardian. The Tree Guardian fight has two variations, with the more difficult version appearing in the second version of each Biome. Once defeated, the player will be gifted with various rewards, consisting of one Item exclusive to the "Golden Pupa loot", a ring of Fertilizer, and a random seed that can either be for a Rose, Heart Beet, or a Fruit Tree from the current Biome the flower is opened in. Due to how there are only eight separate explorable Biomes on the map, a maximum of only eight Golden Pupas can be found each run.
Golden Pupas provide a large amount of various possible rewards. The setup from Golden Pupas generally consist of a ring of Fertilizer, a seed, and an exclusive Items. Note that with the exception of Fertilizer all of the following are randomly given.
List of Possible Rewards
|Anemochory Aurora||Sow the best seeds.|
|Atomic Orchid||Gain an upgrade everyday.|
|Beet Drop (Item)||+25% chance to drop a Heart Beet Seed when damaged.|
|Blood Spell||Fertilize all crops and all nearby enemies bleed fertilizer.|
|Bundit's Foot||Increases luck by 50%.|
|Cataclysm||Cuts hundreds of weeds, damage all enemies, expand farmable land and till soil.|
|Cleats||Running tills soil.|
|Crampons||Running cuts weeds.|
|Curret||Much better than a regular turret.|
|Defibrillators||Heart Beets grow instantly and gain a Heart Beet.|
|Dovecote||Receive a scroll every morning.|
|Duck Wings||Fly like a duck!|
|Extra Tractor Slot||Hold an extra tractor.|
|Fertile Eggs||Eggs sometime hatch.|
|Flamingo Friend||Gain some rose seeds and roses grow instantly.|
|Flower Shower||Water all crops, boosts all crops, leave moist soil, and spawn flowers.|
|Fruit Tree Sapling||N/A|
|Glass Bottles||Cows produce milk.|
|Heart Beet Seed||Grow and harvest to heal.|
|Megaton Tractor||Kills enemies, cuts weeds, matures crops, breaks soil crust, tills soil.|
|Mysterious Flower||It smells bad.|
|Nasal Spray||Pigs can find truffles when tilling.|
|Participation Trophy||Crops merge without fertilizer.|
|Pumpkin Head||Pumpkins grow around scarecrows.|
|Resilience||Crops spread onto hard crust.|
|Soft Fur||Pet farm animals to energize them.|
|Stats Up||Increases farming and fighting stats by 2.|
|Turret Stakes||Turrets and scarecrows can be deployed on hard crust.|
- If the player does not pick up the Golden Pupa before returning to Town it will permanently despawn, effectively denying the player that Tree Guardian for that given Biome.
- Prior to Invasive Species, there were only 20 possible rewards in the Golden Pupa loot pool.
- Prior to Doom and Bloom, there were only 22 possible rewards in the Golden Pupa loot pool.
- Stats Up is the only traditional Item from the above list that can appear outside of Golden Pupa loot. There is an additional one that can appear in the normal Item pool.
- Despite this, All Stats Up can only appear once at most from Golden Pupa loot each run.
- The four Hawk Scrolls are the only Golden Pupa loot that are single use, and can also be found outside of the Golden loot pool by being sold by the Flower Merchant and the Rose Market.
- Dandelion is the only Character that begins with any Golden Pupa loot in their starting loadout. These are Duck Wings, Cleats, and Crampons.
- This means that Dandelion is capable of obtaining a guaranteed eleven Golden Pupa Items instead of the normal eight.
- The Megaton Tractor is the only Tractor found through Golden Pupa loot and the only one that does not have a high probability to appear each run.
- There are 36 possible rewards that can appear from the Golden Pupa loot. Excluding Fertilizer, the various seeds, and the Megaton Tractor makes for 27 traditional Items total.