|This article or section may not have been updated for the current version of the game, potentially resulting in any listed information as being outdated or invalid.|
General Description[edit | edit source]
Golden Pupas can be found from random Camps in every section of the map, except for the player's Farm. Once interacted with, they will lead the player to a giant flower bud where they will have to fight a Tree Guardian in order to open the flower. When the player discovers the Tree Guardian, a sparkle animation will play, revealing the Guardian. The Tree Guardian fight has two variations, with the more difficult version appearing in the second version of each Biome. Once defeated, the player will be gifted with various rewards, consisting of exclusive "Golden Pupa loot", a ring of Fertilizer, and a random seed that can either be for a Rose, Heart Beet, or a random Fruit Tree. Due to how there are only eight separate explorable Biomes on the map, a maximum of only eight Golden Pupas can be found each run.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Golden Pupas provide a large amount of various possible rewards. The setup from Golden Pupas generally consist of a ring of Fertilizer, a seed, and an exclusive Items. Note that with the exception of Fertilizer all of the following are randomly given.
List of Possible Rewards[edit | edit source]
- All Stats Up
- Backup Generator
- Beet Drop
- Blood Spell
- Bouquet of Roses
- Bundit’s Foot
- Chill Beets
- Double-Edged Watering Can
- Duck Wings
- Early to Rose
- Extra Tractor Slot
- Flamingo Friend
- Fruit Tree sapling
- Heart Beet
- Heart Beet seed
- Mysterious Flower
- Participation Trophy
- Megaton Tractor
- Organic Armor
- Rose seed
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- If the player does not pick up the Golden Pupa before returning to Town it will permanently despawn, effectively denying the player that Tree Guardian for that given Biome.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- All Stats Up is the only Item from the above list that can appear outside of Golden Pupa loot. These are sometimes available from Spouses, allowing for multiple copies of this Item to be found in a single run.
- Despite this, All Stats Up can only appear once at most from Golden Pupa loot each run.
- Blood Spell and Cataclysm are the only Golden Pupa Items that are single use.
- Dandelion is the only Character that begins with any Golden Pupa loot Items in their starting loadout. These are Duck Wings, Cleats, and Crampons.
- This means that Dandelion is capable of obtaining a guaranteed eleven Golden Pupa Items instead of the normal eight.
- The Megaton Tractor is the only Tractor found through Golden Pupa loot and does not have a high probability to appear each run.
- There are 22 possible Items that can appear in Golden Pupa loot, excluding Fertilizer and the various possible seeds. With those, there are 26 total.