With Hipbees, they can pollinate Weeds to turn them into Flowers, and with Trophallaxis, they will instantly water crops that they pollinate. If bees have no crops (or weeds) to pollinate, they will gather in a swarm beside the Farm well until they can work.
Bees can be bought, given, or rescued from Camps.
The first area of each Biome may have Camps containing bees. Clearing a "Farm Animals" camp of Enemies rewards the player with a choice between two farm animals, one of which is sometimes a bee. The "Upgrade" camp, which gives the player a choice between two upgrades when cleared, may offer a Beehive, which grants the player three bees immediately.
The Garden Shop in Town has a small chance to sell bees in summer for 200 .
At Seasonal Festivals, the Rose Market also has a chance to sell bees, in exchange for 3 , or the Beehive item for 3 . The Beehive item may also be offered by romanceable NPCs in exchange for roses. Finally, bees are a rare prize at the Seasonal Festival Casino.
Depending on the player's Yield Score at the Seasonal Festival, they may be awarded items. One of those items has a chance to be a Farm Animal, with regular farm animals more likely in spring and summer. Upgrades such as Beehive are also possible all year round.
Lavender starts with two bees by default.
If the player has the Hipbees upgrade, bees will pollinate Weeds, turning them into Flowers. These must be collected by walking over them, cutting them, or by using the harvest circle. Flowers are worth from 5 to 20 each depending on the color, with purple flowers being the most valuable.
- Beehive: The player instantly obtains 3 bees on receiving this item.
- Carrot Tractor: Energizes all friends when used, among other effects.
- Doveotee: Bees and other friends become energised when the player uses a Scroll.
- Disco Ball: Bees and other friends become energised whenever the player is.
- Fume Additive: Bees and other friends become energised when the player uses a Tractor.
- Garden Cry: Bees and other friends become energised when the player takes damage.
- Heart Beet Monitor: Bees and other friends are energised whenever the player is at low health.
- Hipbees: Bees pollinate weeds and turn them into Flowers.
- Laxative: Bees and other farm animals periodically drop Fertilizer.
- Soft Fur: Bees and other farm animals become energised when the player walks into them.
- Straw Megaphone: Scarecrows can sometimes energize any bees or other friends close to them.
- Trophallaxis: Bees automatically water the crops they pollinate.
- Zealot: Bees and other friends may become energized when an Enemy is killed.